Friday, February 26, 2010

The Olympics of Stamping: Birthday Card

Hello everyone!

If you haven't seen it yet, Moxie Fab World is having an "Olympics of Stamping" Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week. It's so exciting! So I decided to play along. :-)

The rules for this challenge were to create a card in the following themes: Birthday, Thank You, Season's Greetings, Hello/Thinking of You, and Love.

You could do just one entry/theme, or you could participate in all five! And the best part is that it coincides with this year's Stamping Royalty Contest! So not only can you participate in The Olympics of Stamping, but you can submit the same cards to Paper Crafts for the Stamping Royalty Contest! Woo-Hoo!

So I just HAD to participate! It's too fun!

Sooooo, here is my first card. It's for the Birthday category and I'm so excited about it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The paper is from DCWV and the stamps are MFT's "Lovin From the Oven", "What's Up Cupcake?" and "Clearly Sentimental About Food" and the journaling circle is from Kaiser Craft's "Journal Blocks" (style # CS705).

I stamped it in CTMH's Black ink pad and colored it in with various watercolor pencils and a blending pen. Then I made the icing and the flame of the candle shine with Glossy Accents. (I also added it to the dots on the circle stamp.) :) You can *sort of* see it in this pic:

Photobucket

The sparkly swirl is from ZVA Creative.

What do you think?? I love the way it came out. I can't wait to create more cards in all the other categories!

If you would like to participate, the Olympics of Stamping entries must be submitted by March 8th, and the Stamping Royalty Contest submissions must be postmarked by March 24th.

Let me know if you decide to participate! I'd love to see your creations as well! :)

Thanks for looking!


1 comment:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jessica! Thanks for entering the Olympics of Stamping in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails