Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wanna have a contest?!

I'm going to start a weekly contest for my blog! I personally love the Mojo Monday blog, and the weekly contest from Moxie Fab World, "Tuesday Trigger". So I've been inspired to start my own contests (or at least copy these two wonderful blogs until I can come up with something of my own, lol.)

I'm also a fan of Pagemaps and I'll probably pull sketches from that site as well.

So, here is the rundown:

Each week, I'll post a contest. It may be about sketches, use of color, technique, use of product, inspiration....all sorts of things. I'll mix it up. Sometimes it may be about cards, sometimes it might be a page layout. Or sometimes it might just be any paper crafting project you want to submit as long as it follows that week's contest guidelines (like, "use of ribbon" for example).

Each contest will start on a Monday (unless otherwise noted).

It's mostly going to be for fun, so there won't be a "winner" every week, HOWEVER, I'll pick a monthly winner based on all the entries I receive from the contests. (This is because I'll be paying for the prizes out of my own pocket since I don't have any sponsors.)

The prizes will be small but FUN! And I'll most likely announce what the prize will be for the month so you know what you're playing for. (I just have to pick one first, lol!)

To be fair, I will have my husband, and most likely a group of women from an online forum I belong to (that has nothing to do with crafting) help me choose each month's winner.

You don't have to have a blog of your own to participate. You can take a pic of your creation and upload it to any photo hosting site, like Photobucket for example, and just copy and paste the URL for your pic to the link that will be provided in that week's contest.

If this little contest of mine takes off, we might have to adjust the rules a bit, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. :) After all, this is just for fun!

If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave me a comment or email me at craftykitty79@hotmail.com.

Who knows what this will lead to, but I always love seeing what people create and how they interpret sketches or techniques. And I hope you'll be inspired by it too!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails